What makes an Innovative Leader?
When you think of Innovative leaders you might think of Richard Branson, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, or Mark Zuckerburg.
Being an Innovative leader can mean many things, you don’t have to be creating the next big thing, you can simply be doing things better more effectively.
Here are just some of the traits and commonalities that are shared by great innovative leaders….
1. Not afraid to make mistakes. Branson, believes in a philosophy of taking risks and stepping out of your comfort zone. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules,” Branson said. “You learn by doing, and by falling over.”
2. Create an open environment for ideas. The key to being a successful Innovative leader will mean embracing the ideas and creating environments in which employees are given the tools to challenge the status quo, push boundaries and achieve growth. However, there must be a purpose or reason to Innovate, and good Innovative leaders will be focused on that.
3. Innovative leaders are authentic. As Forbes magazine says, “Innovators are authentic leaders committed to creating dynamic, highly productive, and values-based organisations that hire people who are passionate about their work; give them opportunities to grow; make them feel valued and respected; and give them clarity about their roles and responsibilities.”
4. Observant - They can spot an opportunity. Innovators understand innovation never happens in a vacuum. They value, build, and sustain active, vibrant networks of people, assets, and organisations. They know their market, what their customers want and need, what the competition is doing and what is happening in their environment, and make decisions on that basis whether it’s a new product, new service or improving their internal systems to serve their customers more effectively.
5. Don’t think about problems focus on solutions. Innovative leaders that can get through tremendous setbacks and grow because of them are the ones who focus on solutions, not more problems. Thomas Edison’s persistence in continually searching for solutions following one failure after another is a prime example of the importance of having a forward focus.
Where do you start to adopt an Innovative Leadership approach? - - By looking at things you already know…
What is the last effective change you made / new thing you introduced, and why?
What do your competitors do that you cannot ignore?
What do your competitors do badly that you could do better?
Who in your business is likely to be an innovative champion?
Do you encourage your team members to innovate? For innovation to become a way of life not just for the next big thing
“Self-awareness and insight into yourself as a leader and as a member of a social group will determine how much you contribute to or cause innovation in your world.” Forbes Magazine
Great article from Harvard Business Review Your leadership development needs an overhaul.. http://bit.ly/2g9M4of« Back to Press Releases
About Full Circle
The Full Circle Group is one of Northern Ireland’s fastest-growing management consultancy practices. In essence, our role is to support our corporate clients to make tangible positive change that will yield better results and enhanced profitability.Learn More
“What Full Circle brings to the table is not just knowledge and business solutions, but something which is most important and that is their understanding their client's businesses so well and their ability of being responsible. Sometimes one feels they are just an extension of your own team, the good experience is not just in getting the job done, but also in sharing the rapport with their team like your own.”
“Chesapeake used Full Circle to train and obtain feedback on our Junior sales people who are a key daily linkage to our customers. The whole training experience was very positive for them and they learnt a lot about themselves and how to prepare and manage a positive productive relationship with customers.”
“Full Circle has carried out work for a number of companies in our group . Normally we would not use consultants however I have found Full Circle to be very professional and to be switched on to what a client actually needs.”
“Designco worked with Full Circle in 2011 and found this to be of great benefit to our company. Full Circles work with us was very action orientated and produced immediate benefits in terms of allowing us direct access to sales opportunities with potential clients. We would have no hesitation in recommending Full Circle.”
“We at InterTradeIreland Acumen have used Full Circle to deliver a range of services for our client companies. Full Circle is a very talented and driven organization that delivers effectively on each assignment. We also admire the inventiveness and innovative solutions that Full Circle is capable of delivering.”
“I worked with Full Circle on a number of programmes to help me devise my sales and marketing strategy. As a sole trader, sometimes it is hard to see your business from the outside in. With the help of the staff in Full Circle, I was able to identify the gaps in my strategy and this enabled me to be much more focused on where I wanted to take my business.”
“We recently completed a Sales Growth Programme through Newtownabbey Borough Council & Full Circle Management Solutions. We found the course to be of great value to the company from both a corporate and personal growth perspective.”
“We have commissioned Full Circle to deliver a number of projects, most notably to develop a strategic plan for ISD. This was a crucial management tool at a time of high growth for us and served as a practical road-map for us as we sought to really differentiate ourselves from other comparable companies.”
“We recently worked with Full Circle. We found the experience very good and with the help of Full Circle we were able to improve our sales skills and produce a structured approach to sales and with a positive end result of more business! Full Circle were very flexible and offered mentoring times to suit our business needs and also presented valuable advice on ways to improve our business.”
“Full Circle has provided Cabragh Engineering with valuable research information for tapping into new export markets and in particular establishing direct contact with potential new customers. We utilised the advice and research from Full Circle to create new market opportunities and sales in particular which over the last two year period has led to 70% of all sales taking place mainly in Europe and African Nations. The role of Full Circle provided Cabragh Engineering with expertise and knowledge which due to our limited resources as an SME company was invaluable to developing new export markets.”
“Eurotrack Inc is a US company which is in the process of setting up a manufacturing operation in Northern Ireland. We engaged the services and expertise of Full Circle to develop a really practical business plan for this new venture. The guys in Full Circle challenged our thinking at every turn and really caused us to think through the practicalities of what we aim to achieve and how we will achieve it. A very positive and useful experience!”